Based on the results of APASC's SUN System student survey and focus groups, colleges are asked to follow these implementation and marketing tactics recommended by students:
- Integrate the SUN numbering icon in print and online course catalogs / schedules.
- Link to the SUN website on college sites in strategic locations such as student portals/online centers, transfer program pages, and news or blog sections.
- Promote SUN on college social media accounts, and connect college profiles with SUN on Facebook and Twitter.
- E-mail all students with an announcement introducing SUN.
- To download SUN resources (icons and logos) please click here.
The SUN Icon in College Catalogs
Results from a student survey about the SUN System show that 95% of students either strongly agree or agree that the SUN icon makes it easier to identify SUN courses in a printed catalog. One student said "When I select classes I want to see both the course number and the SUN in the description."
The SUN Icon Online
In online catalogs and course listings, the SUN icon can be placed prominently next to the college's course number or course name.